Julie's Green Venetian

Yes, this dress was just for practice, but I thought it deserved a little space of its own.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wish I were A Yoga Master

Or mistress, I suppose.
Why?
Cuz last night I finished tacking my cartridge pleated skirt onto my makeshift waistband, and i can't get into it. Here is an amusing pic of me trying:

yoga
Since I can't yet model the skirt on my waist, hubby and I decided if I modeled like this i could be Van Helsing or Amadeus. Incidentally, this also gives a good idea of how much too long I made the skirt...Some major hem is required:

crazy skirt Posted by Hello

Of course, I knew I was gonna have to split the skirt to get into it for real wear. But I was hoping to be able to wriggle in and out for the practice dress so I wouldn't have to split the back sides and then repair them later and split the front when I alter the dress to front lacing.

Beth has suggested a leap of faith where i assume the bodice fits. well, it certianly seems too.... and start the ladder laced alteration now to only have to split the skirt once. I'm quite tempted...


Here's a pic of my tacking the cartridge pleated skirt to the waistband. I did three tacking stitches per pleat. Right sides together...

cartridge tacking Posted by Hello

Final matter:

Beth, here are my latest blackwork designs. I did the design alteration I was thinking of on the flaming onions--this way you can pick between two. This pic also has a background grid--look at the zoomed pic for more detail. Please note, though, that the grid we drew it on was 20 square/inch, and the grid in this pic is 10. But it will still give you a good idea of scale. The 20 square/inch was too pixelated to see in pics.

blackwork designs. Includes neckline idea, lemme know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home